Tuesday 30 July 2019

FAROS GREEK RESTAURANT - Milford on sea





After hearing that THE RAFT was no more, and that it had been replaced by a Greek restaurant, it seemed only polite to go and take a look. Five of us took a trip down to the seafront to take a closer look at this new Milford food option.

This restaurant is in a great location, right on the seafront, with outdoor seating and a clear view out to the needles. Even from inside, the glass frontage makes it easy to appreciate the view. The tables are well spaced out, allowing for a comfortable dining experience, and the whole operation is very slick from the get go. I should also mention that there is a good sized car park.

We were shown to our table by friendly, cheerful staff, and as we perused the menu's, our drinks orders were taken. We were all very hungry, so decided to go the whole hog and indulge in three courses. I was instantly drawn to the baked feta in a filo pastry pastel, with honey and sesame seeds, £4.75. Why wouldn't you be? For my main, I picked chicken souvlaki, £10.40, which I thought very reasonable. My four foodie companions decided to attack the Faros shared mixed grill, £34.95. Each of these serves two people.

My starter was beautiful, and I promised myself I would try and replicate it at home. My chicken skewers were served with pita bread, homemade tzatziki, and chips. The chicken was cooked very well, the chips were good, it was all good. The mixed grills were sizable, consisting of chicken souvlaki, pork souvlaki, lamb chops, Greek sausage, grilled halloumi,grilled veg, fries and pita. Everyone agreed that is a fair amount of food for £17.50 a head. By all accounts, it was also delicious.

For desert, several of us went for the loukoumades, which are Honey soaked doughnuts withwallnuts and cinnamon, £5.95. They were very nice in deed, and left me thoroughly stuffed. Next time I shall be trying out the baklava. If you want something less Greek to finish, there is also ice-cream and chocolate brownie.

We all had a lovely time at Faros, and will certainly be back for another visit. The location is superb, the restaurant is a wonderful space, the staff are wonderful and the food is great.

Atmosphere          9
Service                9
Food                    8
Value                   8
Verdict                 4.5*  

www.facebook.com/gastrohub

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your opinion?